Friday, September 01, 2006

Oh yes, I am the man

People - I AM the man.

While J was at work I supervised the 2 hours of trenching and then glued the pipe together and put it in the trench and pured some water into it...it drains out the right end...WOO! It cost more than a bit, but now I just have to wait until the dirt is delivered in a few days and bury the pipe and then all is cool...It's not totally done, but the pipe is in so even if the world falls apart and it rains a lot, the pipe is there and ready to go...and with any luck THE BASEMENT WILL NEVER FLOOD WHEN IT RAINS AGAIN!! (knock on wood) Oh yeah.

Plus a plumber and city people came and now our house drains properly and I can do a full load of laundry without flooding the place...even better.

BUT

The best part - the thing that is making me so freaking proud of myself is (tadah!) I fixed the dryer all by myself. Yessiree I diagnosed the problem and took the old belt into an appliance repair shop - they gave me a new one and some advice and I took the whole thing apart and put the new belt on and whaddaya know? $10 and I fixed the dryer. So now I can wash AND I can dry them too. I have an actual working dryer. Woohoo! It's like Christmas. I am now a fully functional laundry household. It's been a while let me tell you!
Oh yea, yes, I am the man...

But, now I am off to make my dear love a Dalek birthday cake.
It's his birthday today you know...

7 comments:

Magnus said...

Happy B-day to J.

Magnus said...

BTWm if you are the man and J is a man, would not that make you the first same sex marriage in Canada?

Unknown said...

I had to go, huh? at first to Magnus' comments...but of course. It's the idiot's guide to math...if Jay and Geo were married 10 years ago, or even 6 years ago, that would still be long before same sex marriage was allowed two years ago. Haha.

Geosomin said...

Hey man...
Don't question our love!

Anonymous said...

:( Huh?

I wasn't questioning your love, Geo and Jay. I was questioning my math skills.

As Magnus noted, we beta users now, officially are unable to comment on non-beta posts. Freaking brilliant!!! Not!@#$%*%

Anonymous said...

"Hey man...
Don't question our love!"

So... you don't deny being a same sex couple?

Geosomin said...

Thoth - no worries, it was a very lame joke.

Byrun - I neither confirm nor deny those allegations...

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...