Thursday, September 14, 2006

Someone left the cake out in the rain....

WOW.
That is all I have to say.
Over and over and over again.
It's been pouring rain for 24 hours now with no real sign of letting up. While waiting for the bus downtown there was so much water it was coming UP from the sewer drains... and guess what?
No really, take a guess.
Here's a hint: Guess what ISN'T in my basement?

That's right - WATER!

I am ecstatic. All my hard work paid off! After a super long dreary day I arrived home at about 8:15 and grabbed some supper and then took a deep breath and went downstairs with the feeling of dread wondering if I'd still need a mop, just like every other big storm since we've moved in to our home... and...Tadaah!
There was NOTHING there for me to clean up. Not a drop.
This has never happened before.

Let me be the first to say it:
Hot damn and hallelujah!

2 comments:

Peter T Chattaway said...

The wife sends congratulations and says she knows what it feels like -- that is, she knows what it feels like to see stuff floating an inch off the floor. :)

Anonymous said...

It rained today and last night, Hallelujah

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...