Monday, September 11, 2006

Da dweeeeeee da da daa dweeee dowww

For some reason I woke up with the theme song from The Tick in my head. I'm listening to the latest Gomez album now to chase it away...

I should be more stiff than I am, but over all I feel pretty OK. I filled in the entire trench and pipe last night - our yard looks normal again and dirt mountain is no more (sniff). And hopefully - no more floods. I'm very proud of myself for doing it all on my own, but if I don't have to use a wheelbarrow for another year or so I won't mind.
I celebrated my success last night with my new favorite beer: Innis & Gunn
It's aged in oak barrels...and is absolutely scrumptious. It actually surpasses Guinness as my favorite...smooth and flavourful amber ale with flavourful aftertastes. Yum...

And now, before I wander off in to another busy day, here's the monthy meme I seem to have forgotten about this month:

Current clothes: Jeans, white tank top and cropped denim shirt, with my moonstone necklace and purple holey sole shoes. Black specs.

Current mood: Optimistic. I felt like crap most of the night from something I ate (????) but feel much better now and have a busy day ahead of me, so I feel optimistic.

Current music: "See the World" by Gomez off the "How We Operate" album. Good stuff.

Current annoyance: Well, we have a friend who's maxed out his friendship points and is being a PITA and has no clue...we're hoping he figures out how miffed we are at him by the lack of communication we've had with him lately...I'm guessing he's so self absorbed that he won't notice. I have issues with friends who only call when they need something from you. I'll give the shirt off my back to help someone, but lets just say he's taken a large part of our wardrobe with no thanks, gratitude or any sort of help or return and our patience is wearing thin...

Current thing: Making lists of all the things to do around the house...not that I actually get TO the list, but it's a start. I'm starting to realize how much I could get done if I just get off my ass and get busy, so before I collapse into lazyland again I'm going to go with it for a while.

Current desktop picture: A bright red picture of a gerbera flower. They're my favorite at the moment.

Current song in head: Well it was the theme from a favorite cartoon of mine called The Tick, but now it's "Girl Shaped Love Drop" by Gomez...mostly because it just played on my iPod.

Current book: The Drawing of the Three by Steven King. I've finally had time to sit down and read his epic set of books everyone keeps blathering on about. So far so good.


Current DVD in player: The second disc of the 4th season of Futurama. I was watching it last night to unwind with a beer after my landscaping extravaganza.

Current refreshment: Cheap coffee with cream & sugar.

Current worry:Hoping J will be ready for his DJ set next weekend...the learning curve for the software is pretty steep. He's got the song list, but all the little technical bits are a lot to do, and work out all the transitions and all the twiddling eh wants to do live...and all this working all evening and weekends while starting a new job that starts at 5:30 in the morning at the same time...my poor love is so very tired.

Current thought: Where'd the summer go? I know i enjoyed it fully, but I"m not quite done with it yet. I was shocked to see the leaves turning this morning...fall is my favorite season, but I could use a bit more sun yet before I'm banished to the white wastelands...

Later.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved The Tick.

"Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception."

Geosomin said...

heh...Byrun you just made my evening.

man I loved that show.

Anonymous said...

There's not much point in having a pseudonym - Heather - if people use your real name. Good thing I'm not a superhero.

;)

"I am mighty. I have a glow you cannot see. I have a heart as big as the moon. As warm as bathwater. We are superheroes, men, we don't have time to be charming. The boots of evil were made for walkin'. We're watching the big picture, friend. We know the score. We are a public service, not glamour boys. Not captains of industry. Keep your vulgar moneys. We are a justice sandwich. No toppings necessary. Living rooms of America, do you catch my drift? Do you dig?"

Geosomin said...

Heh...whoops. sorry! I didn't even notice.

...and I dig.

Anonymous said...

I went to go check on a DVD today and saw The Tick DVD. Tempting, tempting, tempting...

Geosomin said...

I know...I've been salivating over the cartoon DVD for a while now.
The live action show didn't seem too bad either, but I only saw one episode of it, so I can't really say for sure. I'm saving up my birthday moneys for something...it just may be the toons on DVD.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...