Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'm a good wife, oh yesireee

Because I am a supreme geek I was at HMV right after work picking up the original widescreen releases of the first 3 Star Wards DVDs that came out yesterday. I'm very excited about them...they are still my favorite films after all...I mean Star Wars was the first movie I ever saw as a wee little girl and it blew me away. To me it was real. It really tweaked my imagination and how I looked at everything. So having the original unmucked versions has always been something I've wanted...and now I have them. May I say - Woot.

Now here's the monkeywrench...J is so busy he doesn't have time to watch them this week and I start a volunteer night shift for 2 weeks at the community radio fundraiser this weekend so if I dont' watch them right away I won't get to see them until Sept 30.
And, let me tell ya ladies and germs, that's a really long time for my little brain to wait.
And will I wait? Well of course silly - I have a whole lot of love...I can be patient...and when it is watched it will be gooooood and the choldhood joy will be shared.
Till then I'm just looking at the boxes and making meep sounds.
And contemplating swinging my lightsaber around in the back yard while wearing a jedi costume. Halloween is soon...perhaps soon enough to break out the goods early. I could always be that Twilek jedi again. Hmmmmm.....

3 comments:

Peter T Chattaway said...

Darn, I was hoping you could tell us if the picture quality is any good -- since it was mastered for laservideo way back in 1994, and not for DVD today, this is a matter of some concern.

Geosomin said...

No dice for a few weeks...
Believe me. It's killing me!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing, actually....

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...