Friday, September 22, 2006

Lower hydration pergatory

Well, J is on his way to Symmetree.
I miss him already.
Man, I really wish I could hear his set. I'm so proud and excited for him. Me and my being responsible and living up to prior obligations...meh. *sigh* Being an adult is sucky sometimes.
I sent him with a cooler full of lots of muffins and sandwiches and water...but I froze the water to keep cold. I am actually wondering now if that was such a great idea and if it'll thaw out to drink if it's in the cooler. I mean, wouldn't THAT suck - "oh I have five 1.5L bottles of water I just can't drink them". Heh...hopefully the venders there will have water just in case. I'd feel pretty dumb if I sent him off to an outdoor camping event with frozen undrinkable water for the whole weekend...it'd be like a form of lower hydration pergatory. J drinks about 4L of water a day so he'd be very cranky very fast. Hmmmmm.
Well, can't do anything about it now I suppose. Guess I'll find out...
But on the plus side, I do get to sleep in tomorrow...and I can hog the whole bed (oh yeah) and stay up late watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force and eat popcorn...if I don't fall asleep after my night shift! Tomorrow I plan to relax, play with the critters, finally read a bit more of the Drawing of the Three and go for a loooooooooong walk by the river before my shift at the station at 4. Ditto for sunday.

All this craziness lately has me wondering. I'm thinking back to when I worked two (for a while 3!) jobs and went to university with a full course load (sciences no less). I don't know how I did it. I never missed an assignment...course I almost never slept either. I even made cookies with caffeine pills bakes into them for final exams to help stay awake through my longer genetics practical exams (we couldn't take drinks in but nacks were OK - the exams were 4-5 hours long). No wonder I made myself really ill with pneumonia every year and came down with a case of mono once that was bad enough to lose a semester to. Sheesh. I feel lazy now just thinking about how much less I do now.
I suppose the key is that I just know when to stop and go home now. And I have a job I love that I'm not about to screw up by being overtired or making mistakes. I went too far the other way after I graduated and vegged out too much and that ws no good either...I think I'm wandering more towards a happy medium finally in life- work I like, time to relax and some hobbies and things I like to keep my brain and body moving. Admittedly the last few days are a bit more than I'd like, but it won't kill me and it'll be over in a week or so. Plus next week J will be back and he can do the station shifts with me.
Which will be good, cuz I sure missed my time with him with all this...and with him gone all weekend I'll be very glad to have him back.
Anyways, I should get to the station. And really, before I know it, he'll be back.

Have a good weekend guys!

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...