Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Sound of Science

Kitchen soundtrack: Paul's Boutique; Beastie Boys


I just finished a wonderful experiment. I finally had time and I made up muffins out of miscellaneous things in the kitchen I found and YUMMMMMY they are indeed. So good I had to tell the world. Raspberry buttermilk cornmeal pinenut muffins actually. I'm making an apple buttermilk spice cake for work too (it's in the oven as I write this). There's rum in it. I'm excited.
I think cooking is a lot like labwork: a protocol, precise temperatures and conditions and cooling times and you may need various wierd instruments and tools, and not everyone has the knack for it. Personally I think my labby abilities are directly overlapping with my kitcheny ones.

On a side note - there are birds in my birdfeeders! Yay! I noticed them when I put the cake in the oven. I ran out to take a photo of the robin, but he flew away as I took the picture. And so I offer you a photo of my overgrown back yard. (yes I know, I've got to mow it. If it would stop bloody snowing I would get to it...). He was on the feeder hanging from the tree. Just picture it...sorry it's all I got!

"Hey ladies in the place I'm callin out to ya..."

3 comments:

Magnus said...

"Raspberry buttermilk cornmeal pinenut muffins actually."

You are a mad scientist.

hkyne

Geosomin said...

They were incredibly good. I'm eating one right now.

Geosomin said...

The cake was good too...I had a piece at coffee

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...