Tuesday, March 01, 2011

We are living in a cereal world and I am just a cereal girl

I *LOVE* cereal.
I don't know if it's the kid in me, or the leftover student, but by god nothing makes a better quick lunch than a bowl of cereal. Even at home, I'd be utterly content with it over lots of other things. Especially if there's fruit to add. In university I ate Cheerios, Corn Flakes and Miniwheats all the time. I love throwing All Bran in with other cereal, or tossing it in muffins. Then there's the whole dessert factor of my Mum always making the best Rice Krispie squares and puffed wheat squares. Mmmm. I was actually nicknamed the "Cheerio Kid" at my first lab job, as I had Cheerios and nectarines with milk all the time for lunch. I still have Roger's Light Raspberry Almond granola and yogurt a lot for breakfast and would (and have) run a 5K marathon just for a bowl of Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax granola. I still keep a box of Miniwheats or Fibre One Honey Clusters at work in case I get a hankering for cereal at lunch instead of my usual salad. It saves me on nights when I end up working really late on my project and can't wait until I get home for some food.

Today? I was a rushed day and I worked thru most of lunch, so I just popped in and had a quick big bowl of Fibre One with some All Bran tossed in and a banana sliced up, all with unsweetened Almond milk (I've found no one steals almond milk at work!).
And a cup of good strong tea.

Man - was the best lunch I've had in ages. :)
(and the most links :P )

5 comments:

Captain Chlorophyll said...

I wondered why he had his shirt off. Then I realized he was in a bathtub. Then, would you eat cereal you'd been bathing in? Would you drink your own bathwater? And, if you're bathing in cereal in the first place, do you add bubble bath to the milk?

Geosomin said...

There's a chef in teh states who makes custard out of cereal milk...he soaks it with things like fruit loops or captain crunch first to soak up the flavour before cooking with it.
Can you imagine?
YUM...

Captain Chlorophyll said...

Got treated this afternoon to a frozen yogurt place (sweetceces.com) that has several types of cereal (besides candy, nuts, fruit, etc.) as possible toppings. I recall seeing Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Froot Loops, Cap'n Crunch, and Fruity Pebbles. They also had carrot cake-flavored yogurt.

Captain Chlorophyll said...

Ooh! I just remembered. Are you familiar with this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ihgNKx3Kc

Anonymous said...

Cheerios are my breakfast cereal of choice at the moment. They are so morish! :-)

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...