Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The turkey bird is the smartest bird

I'm so full of turkey I could explode.
Spent the weekend at the lake with family eating food, drinking beer and scotch and getting cigar smoke on my clothes from hanging out with the guys (much more interesting than sipping tea and talking recipes in the kitchen). Had a nice relaxing time, spending an evening staring at the milky way and helping my Dad build stuff in the shop. Even went for a run down to the narrows and back (~5K). It was a beautiful day on sunday so J and I went for a 4 hour hike (well OK half of it was spent talking in the woods eating snacks) and just enjoyed not having to do anything we didn't want to. Then we returned to a feast - my folks had everyone around over for a giant turkey feast and we all drank entirely too much wine and had a great evening talking and ranting about this and that.

Nice weekend really.

5 comments:

Magnus said...

Oh yeah, I forgot the whisky. Turkey, single malt and Belgian beer.

Geosomin said...

Good combo.

grapecat said...

oooh - your mom's stuffing.....*sigh*
no thanksgiving in the uk
but xmas is coming
ummmmm stuffing...
*sigh*

Rimshot said...

(sigh) I wasn't invited.

Geosomin said...

Didn't you get that memo?? :)

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...