Friday, October 19, 2007

Hilarious House of Frightenstein

Friday is here and I'm very glad to see it.

Time for vegging and yardy stuff and muffins and all those things I've put off all week. Plus J is done nightshift today so I get to see him again - very nice.

Main plan - well my brother gave me his present for my birthday early and I plan on watching a LOT of it over the weekend. The whole set of the Hilarious House of Frightenstein on DVD. It was a cheesy kids TV show I absolutely LOVED when I was a very little person and haven't seen in ages.
Can't wait. I mean Vincent Price was in it - that counts for something right? It was just him and pretty much just one other guy Billy Van who did most of the other characters in costumes. And there was a Pet Vet who talked about animals, A librarian who told spooky stories, a vampire (Count Frightenstein himself), a superhero hippy, a witch who made potions, The Professor (he was a scientist!), a safari animal guy, Igor the sidekick, and psychadelic music interludes from the Wolfman himself. The count was always trying to get his monster to come to life and I remember it being very wierd and cheesy and I can't wait to check it out again.
If you ever have time to kill and can find it on an old channel have a watch. It's a little clue as to why i turned out the way I did...

3 comments:

grapecat said...

That's so weird - we were watching that exact same show last weekend online!! It was one of Neal's favs too. Must be something in the air....

Geosomin said...

It's obvious - we're just both brilliant is all :)

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I recommend getting Sledge Hammer! on DVD. That was one of my most favorite shows as a kid and its aged really well for a 20 year old sitcom. I bought seasons 1 and 2 at overstock.com and all the episodes crack up my own kids too. Yeah, not only am I a dork but I'm raising the next generation of dorks.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...