Thursday, October 04, 2007

Wohoo I get the rocking chair!

I'm always leery of these...but this one is spot on. Pacian had this on his weblog and I just had to know how accurate it would be. As it turns out, quite.
Enneagram

The Easygoing, Self-Effacing Type:Receptive, Reassuring Agreeable, and Complacent

Basic Fear: Of loss and separation
Basic Desire: To have inner stability "peace of mind"
Enneagram Nine with an Eight-Wing: "The Referee"
Key Motivations: Want to create harmony in their environment, to avoid conflicts and tension, to preserve things as they are, to resist whatever would upset or disturb them.

The easy-going, self-effacing type. Nines are accepting, trusting, and stable. They are usually creative, optimistic, and supportive, but can also be too willing to go along with others to keep the peace. They want everything to go smoothly and be without conflict, but they can also tend to be complacent, simplifying problems and minimizing anything upsetting. They typically have problems with inertia and stubbornness. At their Best: indomitable and all-embracing, they are able to bring people together and heal conflicts.

Hmm...this was remarkably and uncomfortably accurate...it made me a bit nervous reading the details. Some of the issues they mention are things I'm trying to look at right now. Interesting tho. Almost makes me want to spend a bit of cash to take the full long test and get more details.
Almost.

2 comments:

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I guess being a 9 is okay, but I'll have you know that I'm a perfect 10.......in my shoe size, anyway.

The spicier side of me always thinks it can handle a little bit of yummy dissention. Well, until it actually kicks in, and then my spicier side goes looking to quell the fire in a nice glass of chocolate milk.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Have you ever seen The Peacemaker? One of the finest films that the Chevy Chase collection has to offer.....

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...