Monday, October 22, 2007

Having a wonderful time but I'd rather be whistling in the dark

It's odd now that the sun is going down at suppertime and isn't coming up until 7ish.
It's very dark and gloomy. Perfect for spooky old Halloween I suppose but downright gloomy for me. The sunrise over the river on the bus ride to work was spectacular though. Guess I should take what I can get, but the darkness is a bit oppressive, and it's only just begun...

Over the weekend I discovered a very nifty place which I'm sure will be receiving most of my spare $$ in the months to come. A little collectible shop called Amazing Stories has all manner of cool things I've only ever found on the interweb before. For example - as a birthday present to myself I got a most excellent Nightmare Before Christmas wooden block calendar as well as a insanely cool addition to my scientist action figures collection (no that wasn't a typo): Now Einstein has a Jack Skellington complete with desk and microscope for a buddy. They'll be in my Mad scientist closet once I've got the shelves up. Now all I need to do is track down a Muppet Lab with Beaker and maybe a Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and my little collection will be complete. I've been waiting for a shelf in a room of my own to have these guys out there, and now I can. They also had all manner of Star Wars, Doctor Who and Serenity stuff, with some anime and other stuff thrown in...geeks ahoy.

Much to do...Later.

4 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Scientist Action Figures!

I don't know why I find the idea so charming but I totally do.

(As long as they don't start working on Blogger Action figures... or in my case, Blogger Inaction figures is probably more like it).

Captain Chlorophyll said...

Do they have any Tintin stuff? (Not that I need any more junk to dust...)

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Oooooh, a They Might Be Giants title reference......

My mom has these friends that decorated their entire house in M&M collectibles and memorabilia. The garage is done with a NASCAR theme, though. And they feature a stripper pole in their living room for hours of family fun.

i don't know. Talk about collecting stuff always reminds me of extreme people.

Geosomin said...

science ...TO THE EXTREEEEEEME!!!

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...