Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Well now I've done it...


Know how I was saying I wanted to learn to jog this summer?
Well my home town is having a learn to jog, get in shape marathon on June 10, complete with training advice and planned out workouts to get you ready for it if you've never run before. You follow their learn to run plan and hopefully can complete the marathon. Plus all the proceeds go towards literacy programs in the city.

Sooooo...I've decided that I'm going to sign up for the 5Km walk/jog. Their limits for qualifying are "if you can breathe, you're in" - good enough for me! I'm very excited. I did my first workout this morning on the learn to jog plan and I'm still alive...5 minutes fast walk + 1 minute jog done 5 times..and I feel great! Maybe I'll be able to run the whole 5 K in June -maybe I won't. I won't beat myself up about it, BUT I'll try my very best, and I'll have a concrete goal to work towards to keep me focused.

This is exciting!

6 comments:

Magnus said...

Home town Prince Albert or home town Odessa? Either way, you'll have a long healthy jog trying to get there.

Geosomin said...

Har de har...
it would be a helluva long run to either. Home town *current*...

Jiggles said...

Good on you I hope that you keep up the good work and I wish that I had that motivation

Magnus said...

Swift Current?

Geosomin said...

If you were closer I'd stick my finger up your nose...:o)

Magnus said...

I'm never out of it enough for you to pull that off. Unlike someone I could name...

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...