Thursday, May 04, 2006

I wanna hold your ear, baby...

Oh man. My friend magnus posted about the Muppet Wiki site on his blog and I'm reverting to childhood as we speak. I've always loved the Muppets and now I can geek out and check up on all my old childhood friends. So many memories...
It'll also confirm a few things J and I have debated about for years...he remembers 2 characters:

Captain Vegetable

(he even knew his song:
"Here I am, captain Vegetable, with my carrot and my celery!"

I now have proof he was not crazy!)




He also remembers Super Computer. I didn't remember either of them and now I know what the Captain looks like, although there isn't an entry for Super Computer yet...maybe he can do one.

I was partial to Grover the waiter and Supergrover myself...I have many memories of tearing around the house singing the "near and far" song with a towel cape. I also recall an old 45 called "Bert Sings" and doing "the pigeon" a lot on rainy days...and now I have the B-side "I wanna hold your ear" in my head.

Cool...and they said the internet was a waste of time!

2 comments:

Geosomin said...

It is I, Captain Vegetable
With my carrot, and my celery!
Eating crunchy vegetables is good for me
And they're good for you, so eat them too
For teeth so strong, your whole life long
Eat celery and carrots by the bunch
Three cheers for me, Captain Vegetable
Crunch, crunch, crunch!

Magnus said...

I loved the original Cookie Monster who ate anything and I loved Kermits reaction to him. Muppets used to be less cutesy in a way. Chech out the section on how certain muppets have changed over the years. I think the Janice Prototype looks the best, for instance. Bert looks less angry these days - not good.
I want to find out if the Muppet pilots are out on DVD - Muppet Meeting Films and The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...