Tuesday, March 06, 2007

There was a cheer - the gnomes had found a new way to say hooray!


I've been listening to a lot of Shpongle lately. The recent CD we picked up on Ebay is fantastic. Really organic electronic...some ambient, some psytrancy, and all good. If you like electronic music, I'd recommend having a listen. It's my happiest find so far of the year. We saw Shpongle at Shambhala and I was hooked...their live psytrance sets were amazing. Dancing on a beach with the sun coming up had a bit to do with it too I imagine. But I digress...



Because I have lots to do but want to say hi, here's my marvelous monthly meme for march:

Current clothes: Jeans, purple tshirt, white bunny hug and blue runners & black specs.

Current Mood: Mellow. Went to bed early and feel as though I actually got enough sleep.. I'm optimistic as I"ve lots to do and think I"ll actually get it done today.

Current music: Nothing right now, but it was Shpongle "Tales of the Inexpressable" earlier. I haven't tuned in in the lab yet today...should have some music on really.

Current annoyance: When the medical residents wear their scrubs all over the university. *I* would get heck if I wore my lab coat all over. If I tell them not to they give me a snotty look and ignore me...I'm just a lowly tech.
Current Desktop picture: A photo of the tiles near the waterfall in the Chinese Gardens in Vancouver...so very soothing.

Current Thing: Trying to find a new book to read. I'm in the mood to read, but haven't found a new choice yet. I crave reading, but want some "good" reading. I think I need to hit the library.

Current DVD in the player: South Park Season 7 disk 2. It's good for a laugh.

Current song in head: "New way to say hooray!" by Shpongle

Current book: Nuffin...I've been reading the Tank Girl Comics I picked up in Vancouver but they won't last long. I need novelly goodness.

Current Culinary Obsession: Healthy food...trying to incorporate more veggies into our diet and not have any prepackaged premade food. I'm trying to get preservatives out of our diet as much as possible... It's hard to make healthy food all the time that doesn't take a long time...but it's worth it.

Current refreshment: Just finished my coffee. Now I'm onto my bottle of water. That's a lot of liquid for a short little coffee break!

Current worry: Could we really afford the Police tickets I bought on the weekend?

Current thought: Why does noone notice that news and pop culture are now self preserving and almost a self perpetuating cyle now? It seems that anything "talked about" on the web generates a buzz enough to be made into news...which generates a buzz on the web, and so on. Quality news is a thing of the past with a few rare exceptions...when it becomes a ratings race all integrity flies out the window...

3 comments:

Pacian said...

"We saw Shpongle at Shambhala"

Of course you did.

*calls the men in white with the nets*

Geosomin said...

But... I did ...honest :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I wish I had made it to Shambhala to see Shpongle last year. But I am going this year and hope to discover more Shpongles out there!

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...