Thursday, March 01, 2007

Tasty things: Volume 1


Okey Dokey...just look what I made for supper the other day.
Yummy yes?
I love it so much, I must post again my favorite latest foody creation and say how to make it because frankly - I'm a genious :) And you should all have some too...


And so I present my recipe for Tofu Parmegian:

Tofu bit:
Extra Firm Tofu
3/4 c flour
1 c Breadcrumbs with 1/4 c parmegian cheese, 1/2 t Cayenne pepper, basil, cumin and garlic powder mixed in
2 eggs (or soy milk if you’re vegan) beaten with 1/2 t Tobasco in

1-2 c oil for frying

For sauce:

1/4 c red wine
3 cloves garlic
1T oregano
pepper to taste
1T beef stock (or veggie if you’re a veggie)
5 mushrooms diced
1/2 c diced onion
1/2 c diced red & green pepper
1 little can tomato paste and 1 small can diced tomatoes


1 1/2 c grated cheddar cheese and another 1/4 c parmesian cheese mixed together

How to:
1. Rinse and drain the tofu.
2. While it’s draining, sauté the wine, garlic, onions, veggies and
spices together until onions are clear. Add tomato paste and diced
tomatoes and simmer on low, stirring occasionally while cooking the
tofu.
3. Cut up the brick of tofu into finger sized pieces – you should get ~
36 or so out of a brick. Roll the tofu in flour and dip in the
eggwash and then coat generously in breadcrumbs mixed with spices.
Put ~1 inch of oil in the pan and get to a medium fryish heat and fry the tofu bits until they’re golden brown, turning as needed. Let them cool & drain on paper towel to soak up extra oil.
4. Layer half the tofu pieces in a 9X9 baking pan. Layer on half the
cheese and sauce. Layer the rest of the tofu, sauce and top with rest of the cheese. Bake @ 350 for ~5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Use any extra sauce for dipping the crunchy tasty bits in. Serve immediately whilst still crunchy with a veggie of choice (to make it slightly better for you :) ).
All I have to say is...Yummers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed. I should have invited myself over. This is a recipe that I will be trying soon. Yum yum.

Anonymous said...

I am soo trying this one

-Cousin Cloe

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...