Monday, March 19, 2007

October 30

I'm a sucker for quizz-thing...so thanks to Pacian I have another one to do, instead of saying boring things about how I'm bored in boringtown.

1. Go to wikipedia and type in your birthday, month and day only.
2. List 3 events that occurred on that day.
3. List 2 important birthdays.
4. List 1 death.
5. List a holiday or observance. (if any)
6. Tag 5 other bloggers.


30 October


EVENTS

1946 - Muffin the Mule, the first major British children's television star, makes his début on BBC Television.
1918 - The Ottoman Empire signs an armistice with the Allies, ending the First World War in the Middle East
1938 - Orson Welles broadcasts his radio play of H. G. Wells's The War of the Worlds, causing a nationwide panic.

BIRTHDAYS

1939 - Leland H. Hartwell, American scientist, Nobel laureate
1894 - Jean Rostand, French biologist (d. 1977)

DEATH

1978 - Edgar Bergen, American ventriloquist (b. 1903)

HOLIDAY

Feast of St. Artemas
and
Devil’s Night

I'm tagging Magnus, Peter, Thoth, Colette & Diddums

It turns out there aren't a lot of interesting things that happened on my birthday...I do like that there was a mule named Muffin and an Ottoman Empire...I just get images of vast armies of footstools streaming accross a battlefield.
I know.
I'm odd.

1 comment:

Pacian said...

Had you not heard of Muffin the Mule? I guess that's because you don't have an English mother.

Orson's war of the worlds was the best adaption of the original that I've seen or heard, I think. But those people must have been pretty gullible.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...