Monday, October 20, 2008

Note to self...Geek likes curry

Lesson of yesterday: Do not leave the extra homemade curried lamb burger out to cool...the cat likes them.
J will not eat a burger that has already been nommed on by the Geek. I'm not too sure I could cut off the nibbled on bits and eat it either...would you?? (They're damn good, and I hate to waste them...but y'know, cat drool and all that)

In other news, yesterday I got to go up on the roof. Yup! I've always wanted to. Generally I've stayed off the roof given my ability to injure myself and lose my balance at the drop of a hat, but yesterday was get the roof ready for winter day. Dad wasn't able to do it all before they left, but he left me with simple instructions of what to do, so, after J got back from editing, he and I went up on the roof (!!!!!) . He cleared the gutters while I nailed down and put a sh*tload of cocking (tee hee) compound around the roof vents on the house...one of them has started to leak when it rains. Now (as long as I did it right) they should be hunky dory for a while. I used a whole freaking tube of Mono up there (I figured since I was up there I might as well go to town on anything that looked suspicious and some of the gaps were rather large - no wonder they leaked off and on). I hope there will be no more leaks, and Casa Geo is tucked in for the winter.

I have to say - the view from the roof is spectacular. And I found a set of christmas lights up there (??) along with a bit of the corner of the roof that I need to nail up so the soffat doesn't come off once I get the proper nails. I feel so handy...I think I need my own toolbelt or something...

3 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Geo - now that you're an experienced roof-climber - I need someone to come put some caulking on my sun-porch roof...... I'm too much of a chicken to climb up there! Oh, and my rain gutters could use cleaning, and the chimney needs to be cleaned...
Whenever you have a spare minute, that is!

Anonymous said...

Cats love to cause havoc... Delilah just knocked over our lamp and vanished.

A pity you couldn't get Geek to nip over and finish our local supermarket's idea of an edible pasta dish.

Geosomin said...

Captains log: additional - J did eat it for lunch after all. He said it was too good to pass up, after being denibblified. *And* the Geek did howling circles around him the whole time.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...