Thursday, October 02, 2008

Eeez a meeeleycool

This morning, I left for work in a sad, frustrated state, having spent 20 minutes hurriedly looking for my work keys...they're a big bunch of keys for all the labs and rooms I supervise all on a lanyard. I finally had to give up and walk to work.
The whole way I thought variations of "Did I drop them? I don't remember hearing them...I took the bus home last night...are they at the lost and found? Will I get in trouble? How do I replace them? Where did I leave them? Crap!"...and so on and so forth.
At work, I unpacked my lunch in the lunch room and made some coffee. When I sat down, coffee and toast in hand, talking to a coworker I unzipped my bunny hug...and there they were-around my neck.
The thing is - they are a big ass ring of keys. 13 of them. I can feel them there. They make noise when I walk and bounce on my abdomen when I walk fast (like, oh, say, when I walk to work) and I can feel them.
I don't remember putting them there.
I obviously didn't sleep with them around my neck...and I swear they weren't there when I left the house or when I walked to work.
So how'd they get there??
Either it's a miracle or I'm a loonie.
Neither one of those makes me particularly comfortable at the moment...

4 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

That's how it starts, you know....

I've spent hours searching for something (my glasses?) only to find I had then on top of my head.
~~sigh~~
It's the age-thing.

MaCanuck said...

"Either it's a miracle, or I'm a loonie"

Oooh, oooh, oooh. I know this one! I know this one!

Missicat said...

Everyone in the world has done that once or twice....it's like a brain blip where you do something without your brain engaging at all.
BL - definitely done the glasses-on-top-of-the-head thing too! We should start a club!

FirstNations said...

welcome to my LIFE.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...