Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Universe in a bag

Another odd dream last night after staying up late working on my committee meeting speech.

One of the lesser gods (he had a big beard and a brass armband and HUGE pecs) had the universe in his cupped hands to protect it from a cosmic storm. He showed me all the swirling galaxies and little atoms whirling around in his palms. It was beautiful and I asked if I could hold it...he said I couldn't. That it would burn me. Then he grinned and he put it in a bag and gave it to me to hold for a bit...Yup, he entrusted me with the universe.
And then he had to leave for an emergency. I stood there with the universe in a bag and, unable to help myself, I tried to look inside at it. One of the galaxies burned my hand and I accidentally dropped the universe. It slipped out of my hands and slowly fell...and I woke with a start to J standing over me asking if I was OK...apparently I was talking in my sleep.

I muttered something like "it's OK I just dropped the universe..." and rolled over and went back to sleep. He kissed me on the cheek and went to off to work the early show.

I'm sure he's utterly baffled.
All I know is I'm all wound up again...

3 comments:

Pacian said...

No! That's where I keep all my stuff!

Anonymous said...

That explains the cracks on my ceiling! Sounds like it would make a wonderful image, though. Was anything written on the bag?

Geosomin said...

No. Just a leather bag with a drawstring...the magical kind that never gets full...

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...