Saturday, November 10, 2007

So it begins...

Ah ha ha HA!
I was at the grocers today and what did I find?
Nothing less than seasonal nectar of the gods....egg nog.
Yum.
And so I have begun my seasonal holiday breakfast indulgence....eggnog pancakes.

Oh yeah. Sooooo good...

I was so happy with breakfast I must pass on the secret formula (with years of tweaking by yours truly) so you all could have some too...

SWEET NOGGIN' CAKES

1 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
2 T melted butter
2 T sugar
1 egg blended
1 1/2 c eggnog
dash nutmeg

Mix dry together and mix wet together...then mix them BOTH together...but don't overmix. Use ~ 1/3 c batter and fry in a bit of oil on med/low heat, flipping when golden brown and bubbled. Serve with bacon and syrup.
These are guaranteed to get you a kiss or two of gratitude.
Seriously...works for me every time.

But now...I must dash. We've spent a great day out walking in the woods and have been to the Mendel gallery to check out the display of automitons and animated exhibits (cool...) and we're off to a charity shindig to hear a good breaks DJ from calgary Peter Wilde spin a bit. I plan on shaking my posterier faster than the speed of light -for charity no less. It will be nice to leave my troubles far behind for a while. Great end to a great day.

Let the monkeydancing begin!

3 comments:

Magnus said...

NOw, just go out and buy a bottle of Irish Whisky - Jameson's, Tullamore Dew are good for starters - and blend the water of life with the nectar of the gods.

Geosomin said...

I'm on it...

Moominmama said...

Dude, that sounds fabulous. I wonder if I can get eggnog over here? This would make a brilliant Christmas morning brecky with the in-laws!

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...