Thursday, November 08, 2007

SNOW!


It finally snowed last night!
I've been waiting...there's something about it being cold and windy that is OK when there's snow out but downright crankifying when it's not. If it looks like a regular day it just seems wrong somehow...and that much colder.
I wish it were the fluffy stuff in piles, but I'm sure I'll be whinging about it all soon enough...it'll be fun leaving footprints all day on the line-I hope it sticks around and doesn't melt right away. It makes it seem more like winter's here. I was helping J decorate a 12 foot christmas tree with his work team for a local charity event and it seemed wierd to do that and then walk out to green grass.
This is much better.
I think I'll dig out my fur lined aviator hat just out of principle.

Plus...I now know that Gavin didn't destroy our camera when he knocked it onto the wooden floor...it works!
Squeeeee!

6 comments:

Rimshot said...

"I'm starting my own space colony of monkeys."

Ooo..Space Monkeys (Sponkies)

See, I KNEW you were a mad scientist lady, regardless of what you claim in your "about me"

Captain Chlorophyll said...

I like "crankifying". Someone needs to hire you to edit a dictionary.

Moominmama said...

ooh, snow. lucky butt.

Arugula Queen said...

My Arugula King husband is on a job interview in Michigan right now. I'm in shorts here in Texas.....he's freezing his heiny off in 30 degree temps with snow.

Part of me hopes he doesn't get the job because I'm not sure that all our kids want to trade in the year-round flip-flop life for snow angel status.

I like snow pictures though. Great Pictures!!!

-elastic incognito-

Rimshot said...

Dust of Snow a poem by Robert Frost

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree
Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.

Magnus said...

I wish it were cold here. It isn't and my landlady has the heat bloody well cranked.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...