Wednesday, July 11, 2007

T-1 and counting...

Ah. I love days off. I ran and then baked all the goodies...now I have to keep from eating them!

6 scotch eggs, 2 dozen bacon cheese biscuits, 2 dozen pumpkin muffins, 2 pans of cookie bars and 4 dozen granola bars...plus some pudding and fruit and cereal and juice and tofu dogs. I never know if there'll be a firepit where we are so I make lots of food that can be eaten cold or warmed up on a stick. Our water is frozen so instead of buying ice or icepacks we just use the frozen water bottles to cool off the food that needs to be cold and drink it up. The bottles are refillable. And I always end up giving away half of my food, so I make lots. It's actually kind of fun going around the last morning giving people muffins and granola bars for breakfast. I have no concept of portions so I'm sure I made way too much, but oh well. I like to share :)

Tonight is gather up gear and pack up and tomorrow morning we're meeting up with our friend Ken in Edmonton and heading out to Motion Notion.
I can't wait. The new location this year is on a ranch, sNow I just have to dig out our camp gear and find my bathing suit...I found this neat camping thing with a plate bowl and cup and spork (I love that word) that all packs up small, so we'll ahve something reusable to eat out of. AND we found a big screened in awning that is larger than our tent wo we can set it up over it for shade and have a place to tuck away our gear righ near the tent. Nifty.

And did I mention I have a bear suit? :)
I predict a fine time...
See you all in a while :)

3 comments:

Pacian said...

Won't the real bears be confused?

Magnus said...

What's a scotch egg again

Anonymous said...

Pacian - maybe they'll see how fun it is to dance and come out and play...

Magnus-scotch egg...hardboiled egg wrapped in meat and breaded and deepfried. Best served cold. yum

Just cheking in on my way through edmonton...I'm off. Ta!

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...