Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm dead classy, me...what? No? Oh...

After a few days of recouping after Motion Notion it's back to life I'm afraid.

But- to help us out with the transition, there was a pleasant introduction last night. A great Canadian band The Tragically Hip were in town last night, playing in the gardens of our local poshy CPR hotel the Besborough. And, J being a press type bloke, was given some passes by a coworker to watch the concert at a viewing from the garden terrace. Ooh lala.
Now I've always only worked as serve staff for these sorts of things, so it was lovely to be dressed in a skirt and heels sipping champagne and other tasty complimentary cocktails (there were waiters with trays and everything) while munching on incredible nibbly food...there were escargot on puffs, all manner of fruit, a chocolate fountain (I spent some time there yes...), cheeses, lamb, sushi, creme brule and even frogs legs (which taste like an odd morphing of tuna and chicken...still not sure if I liked them or not but I had to try them).
A coworker of Jay's was leaving work for a new job as of today, so it was a final night out with coworkers as well as a bit of relaxing for J with other people he works with. I had a fantastic time - J works with some great people. Jackie was sent off with a thoroughly fun evening of great music and food and we even got her tipsy enough to walk about in the memorial fountain in the park a bit afterwards before we sent her home, complete with a pilfered champagne ice bucket as a souvineer.
It was a lovely evening.
I may, however, never be able to eat again. I'm still full :)

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...