Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Who's ridin' with the nut?


I miss Peanut.
I never really got a chance to have a final drive with him...when we took him to a local place to get his stereo removed to put into our new car, a guy at the shop offered to buy him from us right there as we were leaving for a fair price so we figured "yeah OK, take him and give him a new home. Fix him up and let your daughter drive him." It was a simple solution to what to do with our old car.
It sounds corny, but I get attached to our cars. I had to give Peanut a hug good bye (cars are very wide and hard to hug). I thought I was OK with it until I was watching the Harvey Birdman episode that I have always quoted to myself when I was happily driving the car about. Harvey's assistant Peanut get a car when Harvey wins a case for a plastic surgeon and says "oh yeah...who's riding with the nut?" before driving off.
And so I am still sitting here wondering this morning just who IS riding with my Peanut?

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...