Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Movie meme

I found this meme this morning, and since I'm back (*sniff*) at work and busy, this will fill my coffee break and hopefully a bit of webspace...sorry!

1. Popcorn or candy?

Popcorn. I love popcorn. It's my snack of choice everywhere, although at the theatre I generally don't get it, as I end up engrossed in the film and not eating it until I get home later...and I get teased by J that I've taken the popcorn home with me.

2. Name a movie you have been meaning to see forever.
Clerks 2

3. You are given the power to recall one Oscar: Who loses theirs and to whom?Well...I've sort of lost my respect for the Oscars recently, so I wouldn't change them, although there are a few that made me mad...

4. Steal one costume from a movie for your wardrobe. Which will it be?Well, the Matrix would be spiffy...and I'd be interested in the elven costumes from Lord of the Rings BUT if I had to choose any it'd honestly be the Tank missile bra from Tank Girl. How could anyone turn that down? :)

5. Your favorite film franchise is?
Well, I must say Star Wars, although Indiana Jones is a pretty close second.

6. Invite five movie people over for dinner. Who are they? Why’d you invite them? What do you feed them?

Natalie Portman, Jack Black, Dame Judy Dench, Johnny Depp, Steve Martin. They are all very interesting people to me. I think it'd be pretty good conversation. I'd have curry and lots of great indian style food.

7. What is the appropriate punishment for people who answer cell phones in the movie theater?
Naked to their next movie...in a very cold theatre.

8. Choose a female bodyguard:

The actress who plays Zoe on Firefly...she seems strong and asskicky.

9. What’s the scariest thing you have ever seen in a movie?
In the Ring where the person's face would get all screwed up and melted before they died. Scared the crap out of me. I get the willies jsut thinking about it now actually

10. Your favorite genre (excluding comedy and drama) is?
Scifi/fantasy. So many options...historical is a close second

11. You are given the power to greenlight movies at a major studio for one year. How do you wield this power?

I banish all pointless date films/romantic comedies, stop pointless sequels and give indie films wider releases...oh, and last but not least: no trailers with record scratches in them. Not only does it drive me mad, as it is pointless and overdone, but I am willing tobe that most people growing up today don't even know it is a record scratch....that it is just the annoying soind played in trailers when something *wacky* is going to happen. Not giving away the whole film in the trailer would be a step up too...

12. Bonnie or Clyde?
Neither.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steal one costume from a movie for your wardrobe. Which will it be?

Well, the Matrix would be spiffy...and I'd be interested in the elven costumes from Lord of the Rings BUT if I had to choose any it'd honestly be the Tank missile bra from Tank Girl. How could anyone turn that down? :)

Tight black leather or pointy missile bra. Tight black leather or pointy missile bra...you know I'm trying to concentrate on work here....

Anonymous said...

As for trailers giving everything away, Spidey 3 gives us the entire film it would seem.

Anonymous said...

Nicking this.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...