Thursday, December 28, 2006

If I haven't seen it it's new to me


So um...yeah.
Have a look at my new car.
It's still weird to say that....my NEW car. Well it's not new new, but 2002 and new to me.

What a whirlwind the past few days have been.
Our old car (whom I've nicknamed Peanut) has been running rough the past few weeks and burning as much oil as gas ever since we were gifted it a few years ago by my brother. It's been good to us, but when we took it in to get looked at we were told it was very ill and needed a new engine. Which was crappy. Poor Peanut is set for the auction yard.

But here's the thing...J and I have always talked about a Mazda protege 5. A loaded one...yellow if possible. And yesterday I called the dealer after our car cacked beyond repair just to see if they had a protege. Well, not only did they, but it was loaded, 5 speed and low low km (45000). It had just arrived. Even had window tinting. So we went to look at it and it's like new and we were able to get financing for what we had been planning to put away in savings until the summer and then make payments at from then on. So other than the fact that it'll be 3 years instead of 2 years plus saving for 6-7 months like we'd been talking about, we've only extended the payment thing by a few months and have the care we've always wanted (well the one we knew we could actually *afford* anyways).
So yeah.
Busy day.
New car.
Life sure is a rollercoaster. Yesterday I was on both sides of crazy and it's all ended up OK.

We get to pick it up this afternoon. We have to get our stereo out of peanut and put in it (need the mp3 stereo) and want a roofrack, but that will come in time. What is important is we have a new freaking car.

Sometimes life *is* good to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "Zoom zoom zoom".

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...