Sunday, November 28, 2010

Siren call

My mum-in-law made a giant bowl of her delicious rice pudding last night for supper. And the lovely woman sent me home with all the leftovers. Today, every time I am by the fridge I hear it.

It calls to me. I pull out a spoon and have a bit.
The afternoon of what should be determined work on my MSc presentation and some other homework at the table has gone thusly:

work work....
*eat the pudding Geo*

pause. Determined head shake.
work work...


*delicous pudding....just over there!!*

"Nom. OK. No more. I must work on my speech and biostats assignment!"
Determined effort for 10 minutes

*pudding?*
hesitant glance over at fridge
"why just a little bit more wouldn't hurt..."

"now. back to work!"

Determined effort for 10 minutes...

*pudding?*

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
All delicious afternoon...


I think the entire ~2 L of pudding will be gone by tomorrow. I honestly have no concrete plans for anything else to eat except for pudding today.

I can't get scurvy from one solid day of eating pudding can I?

2 comments:

Geosomin said...

it was delicious....

Anonymous said...

Very talkative dude, that pud. :-)

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...