Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Come onna my house

I feel like I've just discovered a secret.

Rosemary Clooney has an incredible voice. She's like Judy Garland and Billy Holiday to me - one of those perfect sexy voices from the past that I could never tire of listening to...from long ago when women sang from their soul. She sang incredible full songs. Sultry. Some of my favourite ones were Sway and especially Love You Didn't Do Right By Me in the film White Christmas (which some day I would LOVE to sing).
Today I learned it's her voice that sings Come On a My House, of which there is a remix of on the funky Ursadelica Album by Nasty Tales and their Orchestra that has been in my head all morning. Ursula 1000 remixes and spins funky stuff...
Strange how music bumps around and overlaps like that :)

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...