Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Panic Mode

Eep.
My parent's are coming out of the blue to stay overnight after a funeral of a friend today. I don't think there's much to do to tidy the house...but then I haven't looked at it through the eyes of my Mum for a while. My Mum is a neat nut..she's a retired registered nurse...need I say more?
Ah well...it'll be nice to see them for a bit. I haven't had a good visit with them since before christmas. And I can finally give Dad his birthday present...I won a really nice pool cue a ways back, and he's been keen for it, so I figure I'll give it to him (I can't play pool to save my life) so he and his buddies can play pool together when they go down to Arizona next month. They always rent a house together, and there's a pool table in this one...so hey! Perfect...

On the front of other grumbles...J took his watch in to get the batteries replaced yesterday and now the damn thing doesn't work. Well *technically* it does, but none of the buttons do...so you can't reset the time, or the alarm so it's effectively a decorative bracelet now. I have to go in and see if I can get them to fix it and not screw it up any further. J is a picky guy, so finding another watch would be a long frustrating experience and he uses his watch all the time at work and is rather screwed without one...another annoyance to deal with. The whole reason he splurged on a really nice watch is so that he coudl finally have one he liked for years and years and not have to get another one. I have no issue bagging at repair people so I'm taking it to the repair place today to see what I can do to get it fixed...if not, they owe us a new watch (hope not...).

ANYway, this is turning into a bit of a whine session, so I'm going to cut myself off and go do something cheerful.
Have a good day...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It annoys me too when things don't last long, particularly when they weren't that cheap. Printers and fax machines are things I've had a lot of trouble with.

MaCanuck said...

Just make sure you have time to hide anything incriminating before your parents get there. As long as they don't find any bodies, I think you can deal with mom's passive aggressive behavior around the mess.

Although if she starts cleaning up and rifling through drawers and cupboards, that could be bad.

Anonymous said...

Ah she does...that's the problem. After she tidies I can't find things...

grapecat said...

my mom's the same - another retired RN. It's awful. She only visits once every few years because of the distance and her health, and I love (really) her visits, but - ai yai yi -
I keep telling her - mom - this is england. the house is 200 years old. it is supposed to be dusty.
she has not fallen for it yet.

the Bag Lady said...

Hope the visit goes well!
And hopefully they will fix whatever they screwed up on the watch. That is so annoying!

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...