Monday, February 20, 2006

Mojo Music

So, in my attempt to pass time my thoughts have been a wandering all about. Heck I should have a eurorail pass for all the tangents I've been exploring today. Why? well, here's just one example of my odd day today:
At lunch I had a wierd conversation where we got to passing around the ultimate "make out" music (yes I know I work with odd people). Some odd music came up...different things for different people. It got me curious, soooooooo I'm asking all you out there: What do you think of as good make-out music? I'm curious what gets the mojo of you all out there. I've got a few in mind, but I'm not gonna be the first to spill the beans.
OK, OK..here's one: the "Mystic Groove" compilation album.
Now you....
Come on...humor me.

3 comments:

Magnus said...

Samples of all these fine songs can be heard on Amazon or Allmusic.com

"Last Caress" - Metallica/The Misfits.
"50,000 Watts of Good Will" - The Nation of Ulysses.
"Everything's Fucked" - The Dirty Three.
Oh and just because it was used so well in The Royal Tenenbaums "Judy is a Punk" - the Ramones

I'm not cynical about love whatsoever.

I have always thought that Morphine made very sensual music. PJ Harvey stated that Morphine was the sound of sex, and I agree. Songs?
Album: The Night
"The Night"
"Like A Mirror"
"Slow Numbers"

Like Swimming
"Hanging On a Curtain"**

Cure for Pain
"Lets Take a Trip Together"

Bjork works in many instances as does My Bloody Valentine. Blue Rodeo has one song that stands out in my mind "Diamond Mine" especially the extended version with the organ solo. But "Last Caress" is a good one for the anti-social make out.

Geosomin said...

I'd agree with you on the Morphine.

Hee hee...anti-social make out...sounds so functional!

Anonymous said...

"Last Caress" is pretty vile and misanthropic so naturally vile misanthropes like myself gravitated to the song becuase of the shock factor.

"I've got somethin' to say
I killed your baby today and it
Doesn't matter much to me
As long as it's dead

Chorus:
These lovely dead
I'm waiting for your breath
'cause sweet Death wants Last Caress."

I deleted the second verse, as it is the most vile - look it up yourself. There's some embaressment that comes in admitting that I still like the song.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...