Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's an art you know

I am perfecting the finely crafted art of procrastination.
Last night I *did* get 3 hours of work done on my data....after procrastinating for 2 doing everything including calling my dad and watering plants. It did help that an old friend came to visit on sunday, so J and I had cleaned the house up before she came so there wasn't too much to do to avoid work. On the other hand, it made my procrastination so much more difficult :) There aren't tasks that I can see to do now as I sit at my computer to work. Just work. Boooooooring.
Ah well. At least I got some work done. And today is time for more I think. I tend to do better with concrete deadlines. Gives my avoidance a focus...makes me work harder. Arbitrary ones don't work...I know they aren't real :). Yes...I'm demented that way...

To reboot my system a bit I got up and sweated out my anxiety at a boot camp class this morning and I feel well nigh invincible at the moment. I survived it...bwahaha!
Must snatch some breakfast and be off to the lab...
Later taters.

3 comments:

Pacian said...

Yeah, I'm going to comment on this post later.

Anonymous said...

Trying to think of something clever to say, but Pacian always gets there first.

That's my big bugbear, procrastination.

westwood said...

I'm experiencing similar problems. Except the distractions are just as unpleasant as the work. Drat. I am th type of person who can't focus unless I have a clean workspace and I just moved into a sublet of people who turned out to be the filthiest hoarders I could ever have imagined...

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...