Monday, September 15, 2008

Mellow Yellow

I had a very mellow weekend...got to be a normal person in a normal house doing normal things.
I loved it. Every damn minute.

I can't say just how much my attitude towards my daily life has changed as of late. Having your entire life fall apart has a way of putting things in perspective when you are blessed with the gift of being to put it all back together again (Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. Better...stronger...faster...). I am so grateful for the little things I am gifted with in life:
-snuggling in a bed with clean sheets
-watching J sleep in the moonlight spilling in the window
-making elaborate breakfasts for 2 on a lazy sunday (apple crepes...yum)
-long walks in the woods
-grumbling as we work together to make our home better (the new lights are up in the living room! AND they all work!)
-looking up from a book and cup of coffee to see J looking at me over his book...and smiling

So yeah...there's so much yet to do, and life is not perfect. There is still a lot to come and do, but I have my life back. It is here, and I can live it. I know it sounds annoyingly cliche, but every day is a gift...and right now I feel like I'm opening it like a 5 year old on christmas morning every damn day!

*grin*

3 comments:

Peter T Chattaway said...

:)

the Bag Lady said...

Smiling through my tears!!!!!!!!!
I'm so glad for you!

Pacian said...

Glad things are getting better.

(Yellow is my favourite colour.)

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...