Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Whoops...he heh heh

So...um..yeah.
Alarm didn't go off this morning. i know I set it, but I have no idea what happened after that. I slept in a bit too as I was tired from the weekend and staying up to watch Doctor Who.
I feel like a turd when I sleep in. That's never happened to me at my current job, and hopefully no one noticed...working in the lab alone does have it's advantages at times...
Needless to say I woke up this AM to brilliant sunshine and thought "ah what a beautiful day"...which then immediately twigged my brain and I shot up in bed as I realised "wait a minute - the sun shouldn't *be* up yet!". After a lot of running about and arm waving and the odd choice words, I got to the bus and to work about 2 and a half hours late. Not a huge deal, as I'm a good worker, but it does screw up my day. I have a 9 hour experiment to run, which means I am here at work until almost 8 PM finish the experimental run I had to do today.
A hearty boo to that.
So..my friend (whom I was going to spend the evening hanging out with on a day "off" from the pledge drive) is picking me up to hang out at 8ish instead of 5...but now that I'm in the midst of the day and calmed down it's all OK. At least I get to spend some of the evening together with her. I've been looking forward to it for a long while, as she is away a lot for work and I don't see her enough lately.
And so, good people, I must be off to the lab and get back to things.

And..um...tomorrow I will set no less than 2 alarm clocks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was the two back-to-back episodes that messed you up, I bet.

BTW. It rocked. Rocked hard and long. I lurved it.

Geosomin said...

Me too.
It was indeed kewl.
I had to watch it after I got abck from work at 10:30...but it was worth it.

Anonymous said...

Sleeping in is a sign of burning out. Take care of yourself.

Geosomin said...

I will...thanks Corey.
I miss you.

Rimshot said...

at one point in my life I implemented the following morning wake-up procedure:
1. Alarm #1 (next to bed)
2. Wake up call
3. Alarm #2 (across the room)
4. Alarm #3 the big (1 foot across) clangy old fashiony kind (in the bathroom)

...and STILL I'd manage to oversleep.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...