Wednesday, February 08, 2006

What's going On...

Heard Marvin Gaye on the radio in the bus on the way to work today. I've had What's Going On? in my head pretty much all morning. I took it as a hint to present the following:
What's Going on in My Life Right Now

Current attire: Blue jeans, guacamole green t-shirt, burgundy zip up bunnyhug, steel specs, celtic necklace and work boots/winter boots(with duck tape repairs on the pointy bits that were wounding me all day yesterday).

Current mood: Bored and kinda moogy. Not having the best week really. Too many reasons why not and I'd like to skip ahead to March if I could.

Current music: Nothing. None on...maybe I'd cheer up a bit if I put some on. OK, I've got Groove Salad e-station on now. That's better...hey cool! It is playing a decent remix of Orb's Little Fluffy Clouds. OK definitely much better already.

Current annoyance: People who place their hope and happiness in things. They aren't real. Maybe you can enjoy using them or playing with them, but if you can't be happy without them, doesn't that just set you up for a gaping loss when the things are gone, or worse yet, can never be acquired?

Current thing: Trying to find things to do in the wintry boredom. It's been chilly as of late with not much to do. I am adamant that I don't just veg out in front of the TV, but finding things to actively occupy my mind can be challenging sometimes. I was very surprised to learn that there is only so much you can read before you go slightly mad.

Current desktop picture: A picture of Little Bear Lake.

Current song in head: "Little Fluffy Clouds" by Orb. Go figure...

Current book: "Dune". I've never read it thru before. I tried when I was 8 or 9 and just wasn't old enough to read it and stopped and never got back to it until Jay borrowed it from a friend and read it and went nuts over it. I'm about half way through it right now and HOLY CRAP what an amazing book. It really is one of the best books I've ever read.

Current video in player: My exercise ball workout that I did this morning.

Current DVD in player: Nowhere Man disc 2...of 9...Did I mention I have all 25 episodes? Cuz I do. And that the show is fantastic - even better than I remember it? Cuz it is. I've been savouring them, one per Saturday. It's so good.

Current refreshment: coffee (with sweetener. Blech)

Current worry: Sigh. Worries. I'd like my many worries to be solved by someone else and then I could just drink tea and read like a normal person again.

Current thought: Will they ever make a sweetener that actually does taste "just like sugar"? I mean I've tried all kinds. I figure I drink enough coffee that I should try and cut back the sugar intake if I'm on a health/exercise/get healthy kick. They all taste like ass. So I either go black (which is OK with really good coffee, but not with the stuff I imbibe at work), use sweetener and be annoyed at the crumminess or just not drink coffee. The no coffee thing is a laughable non-event, so I'm still looking for something else while trying to drink black cheap coffee with milk. I made a vow that the coffee I drink at home will only be my favorite, freshly ground and black (like my soul) but I can't be coffee police here at work...maybe I just drink too much coffee. Hmmm...ya think? Man, it really is my only vice, and I'd hate to give it up.

Anyways, I'm blathering. It's my lunch break so I should go and eat my lunch and have some more sickeningly sweet coffee. Ta.

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...