Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Happy Thoughts from the Queen

Bacon Queen here.
I am in a pretty good mood today, mostly due to this list and a good night sleep after a romantic day spent with the King.
So read up and cheer up...or I'll send you a poison strudel.

Songs that make me happy:
-"Feels Good" by Gorillaz
-"Summer Girl" by Beck
-"Warning Shots" by Thievery Corporation

Things that make me happy:
-My "Happy" t-shirt. I'm wearing it right now.
-When my husband calls me "Spark"
-When I get to go to the Cheese store and get fantastic cheese from around the world - this weeks cheese is a Garlic Leister Swirl...mmmmm

I'm thankful for:
-My Mom's congestive heart failure is, for now, under better control with medication, so I get to keep her. I luv my Mummy.
-There's a new kid in our neighborhood who likes to shovel our steps and sidewalk for cash. No more shovelling for me this winter!
-I got a ride to work and I get a ride home from home from work today - no bus for me today!

Songs I have to sing along to (even when they're just in my head):
-"Stripped Machine" by Goldfrapp
- The Doom song by Gir (OK it's not a real song but it gets in your head)
-"In My Heart" by Moby

Three nice things I will do soon:
-Send CDs of music I like to friends and hopefully start up a bit of a music swap (like the old times)
-When I am in the cancer centre during work I will take 10 minutes and play/talk to the kids in for chemo to try and make them smile.
-Send my friends doing Grad Studies in Halifax a care package

Quotes that make me laugh:
-"Perhaps I'll ask someone with a little more intelligence what their opinion is...hello wall, what do you think?" ~K. Kochanski
-"Pointy Birds, a pointy pointy, annoint my head, anointy nointy" ~Steve Martin (Cruel Shoes)
-"My English teacher, Mrs. Robinson, always said to start in the middle of something interesting, so here's Peter encased in 50 cubic feet of Jell-O. " ~M. Martin

Movies I enjoy watching over and over that make me happy:
-It's a Wonderful Life
-Amelie
-Run Lola Run

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hapuness. So alien and foreign a concept. You are scary.

Geosomin said...

When you embrace the spirit of hapu it will all become clearrer to you...

Anonymous said...

Happiness... argh.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...