Monday, June 28, 2010

Good things some to those who work their butts off...

Busiest weekend ever.
We helped 2 people move, saw the Roots and DJ Questlove at the Jazz Festival, spent a long night setting up for, and then most of Sunday shooting the final episode of the 3rd season of the live music show J helps produce. It was set in space. We built a ship set for the local band theUltimate Power Duo to play in. I was a robot dancer. Oh yes-it was as cool as it sounds. When they edit it all together and post a bit online I'll post a link. It was a LONG day, a lot of fun (and a lot of work!).
Last night after some family visiting and yummy Thai/Loation food, it was flop exhaustedly into bed. Finally. Sleep is so good.

But tonight my pretties? Oh, tonight we are going to Star Wars in Concert.

I am so very very excited. I got my brother a ticket for his birthday. We used to listen to these soundtracks a lot when I was little - a bit of a compromise between my Dad and my brother and I. He liked that it was classical, we liked that it was Star Wars. I know this music all too well (even played the final march at my wedding to march out to doncha know...) Tonight a full orchestra will be playing John William's amazing score along with new special video montages on a huge screen...with a full choir...and there will even be some props on display. I've heard rumours of Yoda.
Meep.
We shall see.

Mee hee.
Just have to stay awake :)
(actually I don't think that will be a problem...)

2 comments:

Rimshot said...

YAY! What more could an uber-geek (and I mean that in the best possible way) ask for? Sounds like an amazing evening in store.

Captain Chlorophyll said...

Coolest wedding song ever!

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...