Monday, March 30, 2009

Just call me Lemonball

Well, it's all over and done. Hooray!

The recital went well. It was, quite possibly, the longest recital in history (there were some audio problems and costume delays making it about an hour longer than it was supposed to be) but all the pieces went well. I had a shiny costume and bindi and had a fun time. All the group numbers were done properly and my solo went off very well. I am pleased. A few of my family members were there to cheer me on and J was taping it for us so we can have a DVD for a keepsake. The batteries on the mic feed are only supposed to last for about 3/4 of the length of the recital, so the end audio may be a bit crackly, but you don't plan on things being an hour longer than they are scheduled to be, so he can't be faulted for that. Luckily he popped in a spare tape (just in case) so he had enough to record it all :)

On Sunday I got to visit with some old friends I haven't seen in ages...that was nice. Hi Cindi. Hi Kristi :) I even got to go for a long walk in the rapidly melting paths in my yellow rubber boots and watch the world start to melt into spring. I made experimental jalapeno cornbread biscuits...they were yummers.

It was all a very nice weekend.
Tonight is my last tribal belly dance class. We're combining with the intermediate class and having a bit of a dance party/lesson/snack time. It'll be nice. I'll miss the slow down of belly dancing now that classes are done for the summer. My one class is being extended for a month as there is enough of us around who would like to keep coming, but my crazy schedule for the recital prep is over. I'm glad - it was getting to be a bit much to tell the truth. Luckily I have some DVDs I can keep training with until the fall when classes startup again... and I'm sure I'll find enough to do to fill in the time...

Have a great day everyone :)

1 comment:

Pacian said...

Yay! Glad it went well.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...