Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Foody goody - yes please

I saw this on Roadchick’s weblog and liked the idea…since she said anyone could do it if they wanted to, and I have nothing else interesting to say, I consider meself tagged.
(Plus I figure if Tits McGee can fill this out, so can I...)

1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you. Include the city/state and country you’re in.

Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Melba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
Lotus (Toronto, Canada)
tanabata (Saitama, Japan)
Andi (Dallas [ish], Texas, United States)
Todd (Louisville, Kentucky, United States)
miss kendra (los angeles, california, u.s.a)
Jiggs Casey (Berkeley, CA, USA! USA! USA!)
Tits McGee (New England, USA)
Kat (Ontario, Canada)
Cheezy (London, England)
Paula (Orange County, California, U.S.)
Jeff (Colorado, USA)
Fringes (around Houston, US)
Tera (Somewhere In KY by way of OH, USA)
heather (upstate new york, usa)
Roadchick (Nashville, TN, USA)
Geosomin (Saskatoon, Canada)

2. List your top five favorite local eating places:

1. Red Pepper: My favorite place to go out to. It is the best Vietnamese food in the province I’d say…voted best in town for many years, their food makes me very very happy. Spicy wonderful flavours. Plus there is always some bizarre strangely unsuitable music playing there when we go and eat in…it’s like all good restaurants that are there because of their food – slightly divey to sit in but the service is great and the food is amazing. No website.

2. Amigos – a local restaurant & bar where you can catch most of the great small bands that come through town. They have somewhat shit sound, but their food will make you do a little dance-Mexican food that is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious…and the best nachos ever. And great beer. Plus it’s right in the artsy broadway district so you can spend an afternoon wandering about, eat a great meal and then hear a great band.

3. The Tajmahal – Best Indian food. Period. One of the best in Canada actually (or so some book about canadian dining says). They buy and make all their things from scratch the day of and the family that owns it it treats you like an honored guest in their home, recommending things, chatting with you and talking you through your choices. Pricey but honestly, some of the best food I’ve ever had. Ever. Ever ever. No website.

4. EE Burritos– A little Chilean restaurant that started out as takeaway but the food was so amazing they now have an eat in restaurant. The food is fantastic and the place is family owned and they take great pride in making some of the best cheese stuffed roast peppers and other yummy things. They even have a little place to get authentic ingredients if you want to make it at home. And their fresh Horchata is my favorite summer drink . No website.

5. The Cave - the food here is good, but the atmosphere is what makes it over the top and still a favorite for me. It’s a themey restaurant that really is set up like a cave and I always feel like I’m in Mos Eisley when we go there to eat in our own private cavernous nook of a table. We have dreamy plans to dress up in Star Wars garb and head out there for drinks one night…the lounge is like tatooine. Nice. No website.

And as honorable mentions, simply based on their names, there is also the Slurp & Munch , the Jug 'N Loaf and (because I still go there everytime I'm back visiting) the Blarney Stone pub (for Guinness on tap and chili cheese fries) & Lamborgini's subs (where all the subs were named after cars and the spinach feta sub was mmm...) in nearby Regina, SK. Sure they are divey, but somehow their names made them worth it...and as a starving student they were my homes for many late night munches and study breaks.

Feel free to do this if ya like. As for me…I’m hungry now and have to go eat something.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for voluntarily doing hte tag....had fun reading yours...

The Cave sounds great....even the atmosphere sounds good...and planning to dress up in star wars garb and go there?? haha make sure to take loads of photo...that would be funny!

If you know of any one else doing this tag...do let me know and I'll add you guys to the list

Anonymous said...

I just try some Vietnamese food yesterday. And the great taste still linger in my mouth. Oh... now the Red Pepper seems to trigger the taste once again!

Oh... the cave sounds like fun. Remember to take a pic of you guys in the star wars suit. I dying to see it :D Must be fun!

Thanks for sharing the great places :)

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...