Thursday, February 08, 2007

Reasons why winter needs to go away

Woke up cold this morning, and so to vent and in honour of the horrid weather we are having and will continue to have here, I present the following list of why I wish the plague upon our current winter weather:

-My ears hurt from the cold when covered with a toque, hood and scarf.
-Wind should not make you shake your fist and curse the sky
-My legs lose all feeling by the time I walk to the bus and wait for it in the morning
-Because I am all bundled up my glasses completely fog up and I can't see when I'm outside.
-EVen though there's loads of snow, I can't toboggan because it's too cold.
-My eyeballs and nostrils freeze up when I'm outside right now
-Public places like malls and galleries are PACKED with people right now just trying to get out for a bit...too many people. GAH!
-Being cooped up inside makes me cranky. And yet it's so cold that our house is cold inside. Turning up the heat isn't really practical, as we have lots of old windows and the house just leaks the ehat away. There are now strategically placed blankets in every room of the house.
-I can't go barefoot
-I'm cold all the time...

This rant was brought to you by the numbers -32 and the letter C

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh* (shakes head with disappointment and small measure of disgust)

Diddums said...

I'm with you! When it gets cold in the house, I don't feel like doing whatever I was meant to be doing - usually because it's in the coldest room in the house. Brrrr...

It puts me off nipping to the shop for milk and bread when I look outside and notice the pavement is icy. I have a slight ice phobia, though I'm not as bad as I used to be (was stomping about on ice yesterday as though it wasn't there - too busy thinking about other things).

Anonymous said...

*double sigh*

Magnus said...

Winter, my dearest friend, you are welcome to stay in BC for the rest of the year.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...