Friday, February 09, 2007

Googley eyes and other drama

So it's -43 with the windchill...not complaining. I'm just saying.

I know. I know. It's cold. Get over it.

Currently I have a bit of a distraction.
My new glasses just came (yay) and they are ever so cool and there are no scratches on the lenses anymore! Everything is clear...and I can look at the monitor without moving my head around to find a view with no scratches...yay. The frames are rather nice too if I do say so myself. The only odd thing is there's astigmatism correction on my new lenses and I'm not quite used to yet...makes it seem like I've had a bit to drink. Makes detailed lab work a bit more of a challenge what with the drpth perception beinga bit off...and stairs...well, lets just say that if you hear a loud thud and tumble, it's me rolling down the stairs...

I had a nice evening last night. Jay took me out to a play at the local theatre troupe. He kept saying there would be a surprise...weird me I was thinking...ooh aliens!. IT was a hockey play...seemed an odd choice for us at first (no aliens...damn), but then I realised that someone I knew in high school, Tim, was the lead. He was always incredibly talented in music and was a phenomenal actor and I knew he wanted to go somewhere with it...I'm glad to know he's doing well. I'd heard he was starting to do a lot of live theatre here...it was cool to see him. Oddly, he recognised J first (He and J had done some stuff together) but it was neat to see good things happen to someone who you know deserves it. It was a great play. I"m always a bit nervous about live theatre (often local stuff here is not that good) but the Persephone always puts on a great show.

ANyhoo...happy weekend all. I must be off to the lab.

5 comments:

Magnus said...

Tim Hildebrandt?

Geosomin said...

yeah!
He was fantastic!

Magnus said...

So he's good with the drama? Seems like he's taken after his grandfather, the Chancellor.

Magnus said...

BTW, you need to call me tonight - after 5pm PST.

Geosomin said...

OK. Will do.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...