Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The day of the rabbit

SOOOOOO much snow. I trudged through knee high snow on the way to the bus. It’s snowed so much over the past few days that some people haven’t gotten to clearing it yet (like us…heh heh. Ahem). I was very jealous of the 3 jackrabbits I saw this morning, hopping away at lightning speed across the top of the snow…while I trudged through it. We cannot park behind our house right now…you cant’ get there. Too deep. And yet my parents drove 3 hours home- made it too. I like it when they visit, but I never realize how much I like my privacy and being eccentric in my own home until there’s someone around making me think about what I do and say (and tell me to wear pants…er, I mean nicer clothes). Silly grumpy old me…

My Mom left me with some cute gingerbread cookie cutters and some molasses. I think tonight I’ll make some cookies. They’ll be warm and full of molasses. Yum. It’ll put me in the Christmas mood. I’ve already made eggnog pancakes. Double yum.
It’s officially winter here. We got a big fluffy duvet a while back and I have to finish sewing a cover for it so we can use it to keep toasty warm. And I can put up Christmas lights soon. I LOVE Christmas decorations. I wish you could keep them up all year…but then I guess they wouldn’t be so special. I found fantastic LED lights with 14 pointed stars that change color and fade in an out. I need to get more of them (there’s only 6 on a string)…they are amazing. We’re going to put up a somewhat hidden wire grid on our basement ceiling and hang them from there…it should look fantastic. Add Nana’s old white tree and 4 zillion lights and you’ll have our house at christmas. Seizure causing blinky overload. I love it.

I really have get to work-break’s over. But with the weather like this, all I want to do is curl up ina blanket, drink cocoa and eat baked things. Maybe I can figure out how to do both…

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...