Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Agrajag to the rescue

I had a grand experience last night. One of those unique things I'll always remember, as they'll probably not come up again. I'd like to say tho - I'm not a fruit or a nutter. I just like new and unique things. And I'm a geek...
While out on a shoot, J was talking to someone who mentioned that there was a music show he might be interested in. It was a man playing music on crystal bowls.
Go on...
And he also had a collection of large cymbals...
OK...
And his girlfriend was painting with acrylics while he played on large acetate sheets in such a way that the resonance from the music would move the paint and create unique patterns as it dried.
Neat.
AND, the only place open to hold it this time of year was at the local Buddhist temple.
Well, that was it...J was too intrigued and picked up 2 tickets on the way home. Neither of us had been in a Buddhist temple before - it was a simple building, but the statuary was amazing. That alone was interesting enough. We all sat on kneeling mats on the floor and it really was mesmeric as the musician played music by striking and rubbing about 30 different sized crystal bowls, along with 6 giant hanging cymbals and other strange drums, cymbals and bells that I've never seen before. He played 2 40 minute sets with a short break in between. It was beautiful and not like anything I've ever heard before. The paintings were large and billowing with colour and had odd patterns in the paint, like galaxies and constellations look like in photographs. Some previous ones were on display, and you could sit and watch her paint if you wanted.
Fantastic.
AND, although it was Halloween and I was worried about leaving the house unattended for while, I put our candy out in a bowl on the step with a sign that said "take 2 each or else Agrajag will haunt you!" ...and wouldn't you know it, they did! There was still some candy left when we got back.

Good day all around really.

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...