Wednesday, June 28, 2006

"He had a dream about a hand...I think it was the one from the Addam's Family..."

Busy day with Phil Keaggy on the brain for some reason...odd cuz I haven't listened to him in probably 3 or 4 years. Maybe it was having Circle Slide by The Choir on last night that brought it back.
Man -It's been a hectic day - up early to exercise and at work, off at a run! I've been busy non-stop all day at work- didn't even eat until 2! With any luck the repair guy who is coming back today will fix the our machine...it's wobbly and squeaky now (you can hear it upstairs. I'd like to see them try to say it's cosmetic and try and charge us to fix it...it didn't do anything before they "tuned" it up for warranty checkup). Needless to say we're not going to Sears for anything like this anymore...too many hassles and screwups with this machine.
But nobody cares about that ... on with life.
I got to go and see a great funk show last night - Pocket Dwellers...They had horns, flute and a DJ too. Good stuff...they even got the crowd going on a tuesday night in Toontown...not an easy task. They had a bit of reggae thrown in at times...really good act. I was sad to see them go and I hope to pick up their album soon. I'm developing a real soft spot for funk music. They were actually opening for a hip hop guy but I didn't really care for them. Cardinal Official...apparently very well known, but didn't seem like that big of a deal. Hop hop just isn't my thing and the guys were a little too full of themselves...they kept talking down to the audience and started the show late...admittedly we weren't probably the most energetic audience I've ever seen, but needless to say we left before they were done...why stay up late on a work night if the band is sucky. Guess I'm just not a hip hip fan. I can honestly say it was the first hip show I've been to. Jay was introducing the bands on behalf of the station and so we got to get in for free and I would have paid to see Pocket Dwellers (if I had the $$) but not the hip hop...it was nice to be out and be busy. We had a good time.
Today is another day. Hopefully the rest of it will go well too...I'm pretty optomistic so far, so we'll see how it goes. All we really have to do tonight is pick up Jay's suit and get a gift for the wedding. It will be fun to get all dressed up on saturday. It's supposed to be sunny (knowck on wood) so hopefully it'll be a nice day. I guess we'll see. I am a little scared as I'm having my hair done before it with the girls and I may end up looking like a cotton candy or a q-tip. We shall see...cuz...I mean the Qtip look is stylin...right?

1 comment:

Magnus said...

Cardinal Official is basically Canadian Hip-Hop royalty.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...