Friday, June 02, 2006

Being normal is delicious

What a day...I was blindsided by a migraine this morning and I pretty much hid in the dark until this afternoon while I tried to convince the guy with the icepick behind my eye to go for a smoke break. Everything had an aura around it and light was the enemy..I know how vampires feel when I get like this. J was sweet, he kept me company, listened to me moan and made me spirals and cheese and iced tea (he can't cook much but he makes the best KD in the 'verse).
And as I am reminded of every time I have a dazzle headache, I have to say that there is nothing like agony to make you appreciate the wonderfullness of just feeling normal.
Normal is fantsastic.
Freaking wonderful in fact.
I am nearly delirious to be sitting here sipping a cup of coffee and feeling ever so everyday and completely and totally ho hum average.
I have celebrated my normality with waffles and strawberries and whip cream for supper...being normal is delicious.

2 comments:

Magnus said...

I get the same sort of migranes. Although the aura precedes the actual migrane for me. Complete darkness and very little motion.

attuqcub

Anonymous said...

BTW, brilliant answer to your profile question.

gnmkkzak

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...