Monday, January 09, 2006

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring, hamster phone....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be worth an A?

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1513938.html

Besides being a cool school project, it's a cool idea. I mean, who wouldn't want a hamster powered cell phone?
___________________________________________________
And of course, having nothing *else* interesting to say, I will fill out the following...
What's Going on in My Life Right Now

Current attire: Blue jeans. Grey/green wool sweater, green t-shirt, black specs, work boots/winter boots

Current mood: Tired. Monday mornings are harsh...I have to learn to not sleep in and stay up til all hours on the weekend (The Jerk was on...I just *had* to stay up until the thermos song was over)

Current music: Nothing. No music allowed where I am

Current annoyance: People for whom there are no consequences. If there's always someone to bail you out, there's no reason to do the right thing or try hard to accomplish something. Plus, being told how to do something by someone like this who has never really had to do it by themselves can be damn frustrating...

Current thing: Thinking up excuses as to why I need my Christmas lights. I don't want to put them away just yet. Ukranian Christmas is still coming up. Yeah, yeah, that's it...

Current desktop picture: Still a photoshopped picture of me as a twilek...should change it I suppose

Current song in head: "You Can't Kill A Deadman" by Beats For Beginners

Current book: "Know It All". A book written by a guy as he tries to read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica.

Current video in player: Nothing.

Current DVD in player: South Park Season 6, last disc. ("oh Lemmiwinks oh Lemmiwinks...")

Current refreshment: coffee and rice crackers (there's some spiced gouda around here somewhere)

Current worry: I'd like to know if I'm going on strike or not. I've been holding my breath (and my money) for a while now and the suspense is killing me.

Current thought: Is there a laundry robot invented yet? If not, can I invent one? Maybe I should just bribe my husband to do the laundry. OR get him to bribe *me* to do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's Know it all? I've been interested in reading that, but I've got five books in my currently being read pile, let alone my as yet to be read pile.

Geosomin said...

It's not bad actually. I have to say that his blurbs about the topics he's reading on are interesting and some of his personal anecdotes are funny. I've actually learned a lot - it's kind of like the Coles version of the encyclopedia in a way, presented in a far less dry version. Some of the author's anecdotes about his life go on a bit too long for my taste, but it really makes for a good read over all. Plus it's the kind of book I've had time for lately (or not time for as the case may be) where I can just read snippits at a time. No deep or detailed plotline I have to cling to, so I can read it at night and if I doze off, I just go back a word the next day.
I'm in the G's right now.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...