Thursday, January 12, 2006

I need a doctor...


They took my Doctor Who away.
Frack.
We've been waiting to get the Doctor Who new series on DVD - it was to be released on Feb. 14. Now, suddenly it's delayed...indefinitely...it's even gone off Amazon and can't be found.
Why?
Who Knows?
I'm just worried that since BBC is in negotiations with the US broadcasters to show it there Warner won't want to put it out on DVD until AFTER it airs there so people won't just buy it. That could take forever. Why oh why can't Canada be more separate from the US in this kinda stuff. The US didn't want it so they can wait. CBC was a proud sponsor, so why can't we Canadians buy it and watch it? We could buy the 2nd season of the new Battlestar Glactica on DVD from the US before it aired here. If this is the reason, what makes them so special?

Much later: Woot! It's back. We in Canada still get it.
Good. I can relax now.

4 comments:

Magnus said...

See Betty's blog. Apparently the delay is because they negotiated with SciFi Channel to show the series.

Magnus said...

BTW, did you See th Christmas Special? I am not so sure about Tennant, but I will have to see him in the regular episodes.
Eccleston was the one that got me watching the show and his Doctor is missed by me. I have seen snippets of the others and Gavin showed me the Hartnell episodes that introduced the Daleks, but Eccleston's version is imprinted on my brain.

Geosomin said...

I did see it. I enjoyed it. I was worried about the new guy - I really liked Eccleston. I know what you mean...I was still fond of the 7th doctor as my favorite until the new series. I'm excited to see what Tennant can do tho.

Magnus said...

I was thinking back on the Christmas Special and cannot remember it with Tennant in it - only Eccleston. Accent, intensity, style of delivery, clothes, etc.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...