Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Jiggly


I'm finally getting the Christmas thing..I've been so crazy busy helping out publishing a cookbook for our community station (OK doing most of it) and there was no snow, so I haven't been feeling too festive BUT we got a huge dumping of fluffy snow and the neighbors put the lights up and we went on a sleigh ride through the city's Festival of lights and I'm now in the holiday spirit. I have to get to our 8 zillion lights and put them up, but I pulled up some lights and pine garland to go around the door last night and that helped satiate my need for blinky shiny things.
Plus I watched the Invader Zim Christmas episode while waiting for an eggnog cheesecake to bake for a potluck at work today. I've never tasted it before but it looks gooood. (It took forever to make and I didn't start it til 9:30 so I finished around 1....so I'm really tired. Too tired to write a poem about how tired I am...but not tired enough to eat it). I love Gir...


I've started my christmas shopping out of necessity (as most of it has to be mailed and I just realised I'm screwed if they're not mailed by friday). I am a happy camper as I found that one of my favorite old shows Nowhere Man is finally out on DVD in January - joy. I know what I want! Honestly -I don't really care if I get any gifts for Christmas. It's never been about that - IF anythihng I hope to not have to dwell in a store or get too sucked into the commercial stuff. I'm just looking forward to a week off with J and lots of snow. I plan to race the neighborhood kids on the tobaggan hill down the street and drink eggnog and rum and mulled wine. My Dad makes wine and I"m not too fond of his red, but when it's mulled up, it's goooood.
If this eggnong cheesecake is approved by my guinea pigs at work I'll make it for the family over the holidays.
Ho Ho Ho. My jiggly friends.

3 comments:

Magnus said...

Eggnog cheesecake! You truly are a mad scientist.

Anonymous said...

Only if it has a tendency to explode when people try and cut it.

Geosomin said...

Kaplah. Mmmmm...it was good. So good. I was a fan of the rum whip cream too. I bought one of those whippit things to make whip cream and it's great (well not for my butt) - endless whip cream of any flavor...the rum is good. But still, the cheesecake was just not quite eggnoggy enough for me - I"ll have to experiment. I have another potluck next week so I am going to try a candy cane one.
I love Christmas. It's the time I can cook wierd and elaborate stuff and only eat a little bit of it. Jay hates it tho - I make all this stuff and unless there's no leftovers he is out of luck.
I did make him is own mini-cheesecake in a ramekin this time...

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...