Monday, April 03, 2006

"I did nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be"

I am such a vegetable.
I am just reflecting on a nice relaxing weekend full of so many good things: homemade twinkies with lemon filling (more on that soon), new plants and herbs to pot and put on the deck, friends over to play Settlers of Catan and watch BSG, amber rum paralyzers, listening to the new Flaming Lips album, geeking out to Star Wars and playing with my Darth Vader saber in the dark, listening to the rain fall on the windows (not snow!!), drinking hot coffee and nibbling on pumpkin muffins and having long lazy naps in the sunshine with my loving man. SO good.
It was a grand weekend and it pains me to be back at it this early morning, but after such a grand weekend I have to say, that if this is what I must do to have more time like that I'm giddy to do so.
Have a great day guys!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My weekend consisted of being threatened by junkies, following a sketchy meth-head, managing a large group of drunken teenagers, be accused of racial profiling, confronting a drug dealer, taking down RCMP info on suspects at large, doing fire panel checks, rattling doors, dealing with tripped alarms and walking, walking, walking, walking, walking. The walking is the best part, exercise.
But Monday is my Wednesday and Wednesday my Friday, so I am over the hump.

Anonymous said...

The junkies, btw, are all smelly, filthy and scabby.

Geosomin said...

At the risk of sounding girly - ew.

I guess security in Vancouver is a wee bit sketchier than out here. The walking would be a positive tho. I can tell you how to make a mean pumpkin mufin to eat on your day off if ya like...I'd mail you come but they'd be kinda skunky by the time they got there.

Anonymous said...

And I am not in Vancouver for my job, I'm in South Burnaby. When I finally get my teaching certificate I think I am looking at either Saskatchewan or Nova Scotia to teach, if I decide to stay in the country.

odvyvwmy

Geosomin said...

(Insert Raveen voice here)

You want to go to Saskatchewaaaaan...

You'd looove it in Saskatchewaaaan...

Anonymous said...

Well, Saskatchewan is the only Province I don't disparage on a regular basis. Despite certain aspects of my time at BBC, I really did like my stay there and really liked Saskatchwanites in general. I love Quebec, but it is loopy in a very similar way to British Columbia. Except it has Montreal, which is - bar none - the coolest city in Canada.
But let me see... Alberta? NO! Any province that could elect an abusive drunken womaniser 4x in a row and stand by Stephen Harper is not the place for me. Manitoba? Mmmm... no. More Mosquitos than Sask I believe. Ontario? Hell no, I am a Westerner and have to decline on principal. PEI, NB and NFLD? Nope. Halifax, Nova Scotia because it is on the ocean. But, CBC and other Canadian cultural outlets have made me pretty jaded when it comes to the Maritimes.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...