Saturday, November 21, 2009

Geo 1 Leaves 0

I'm finally done the damn leaves.
I am truly amazed that the neighborhood was not treated to random outbursts of me screaming obscenities like a pirate as I did the front yard. I was doing OK until my iPod ran out of juice about an hour in...then I was rather...um...cranky :)
Ever tried to rake a yard full of gravel and vines? The vines are randomly sprayed all over in a big thick mesh...the only way to get leaves is to lift them, shake them so the leaves fall through and then shove the rake under and try and collect them as best you can, hoisting the vines in the air and raking around to drag them to the edge without totally wrenching your back to bits. Yeah, you can imagine how much fun I had. I dread it every year. The back yard is a picnic in comparison. It took 4 hours to do the front and I'm delirious to be done. That makes a grand total of 17 bags of leaves. Whew.
Luckily, as it was such a nice day, I was distracted from pirate lunacy by the occasional neighbor out for a walk or wandering dog/cat or flock of geese overhead. The best distraction was about half way through when some girl guides came down the road with a parent on a bottle drive. I chatted with the Dad a bit while the girls hit up the neighbors and he made me laugh right when I needed to. I ran in and gave them a whole bag full of cans and bottles (I don't have to go to the smelly recycle place - woo!) and while I was inside gathering them up the nice kids put all the leaves I had raked so far into bags. How nice is that?
SO yeah - I still have a whole day ahead of me. I am not sure if I want to head for the pool for public swim to soak my aching back in the hot pool or just go get a gift for my niece's 1st birthday. The pool is right near the mall, so I think I'll grab a bag and walk over and see what I feel like when I get there. I feel rather frivolous spending $8 just to soak in the hot tub for a half an hour...but still...I could soak in a hot tub for a half an hour...
Hmmmm....
Gotta go before my back seizes up.
Later taters.

3 comments:

grapecat said...

ummm hot tub....ummmmmmmmmmm

Geosomin said...

I went and soaked. I sat in the sauna too. Both twice.
Soooooooooo niiiiiiiice.
Ah.

grapecat said...

that sounds lovely. there's what looks like a hot tub at our local pool, but upon further exploration it turned out to be simply a whirlpool - no extra heat. What's up with that???

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...