Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Come back fat as a rat

It's very surreal being back to "normal".
I feel appreciative of the tiniest of little things now... and oddly enough I miss parts of picketing. I work alone, and being around people was so nice. And I got freckles in the middle of winter... the sunshine was great. The weather only sucked for the last week or so, and growing up in this kind of weather where you'd bundle up in it and play as a kid, it didn't seem so bad as long as you had your kit on and a fire to warm up at.
I'm glad to be back in the lab. Nothing got wrecked, and I've got lots of nifty projects to get back to and start...and I like knowing I'll get paid again, so Christmas won't be entirely absent. This year gifts will be minimal, and not jsut for the $$ reasons. Gifting for the joy of giving, not for price or out of obligation, and things I can make or choose for the person myself. It will be about family and friends and spending time with the people and activities that really matters in my life.

It's good to be back.
I feel like I've had a bit of a tune up...I may have broken or lost a few things, but perhaps they'll be replaced by other new things...or maybe I don't really need them or want them anymore. And I have a few picketing photos, but they're on a borrowed cell phone and I'm sad t osay I have no clue how to get them off of it...when I muddle thru I'll post photos of my Mars holiday.

And I can't help but wonder - will work be different now? Will the overall atmosphere be closer? More divided? Only time will tell...I know *I* feel different. Not sure how yet exactly.
We'll see I guess.

As for me, I'm glad to say it's back to the lab.

2 comments:

elasticwaistbandlady said...

We're having a simple Christmas this year. That's not to be confused as a Simple Life Christmas. We won't be having two whores over to share the holidays with our family. :)

A Finnish friend of mine mentioned that her mom told them that she would cook anything they wanted on Christmas in lieu of gifts. That might be something we adopt since extra money is a non-existent commodity this year.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Glad that you're back to the lab and back to regular paychecks. Woot!

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...